Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013



Dear travellers,
Namaste
I am Bikram Thapa from Lalitpur in Nepal and have been working as a freelance trekking & tour guide in the beautiful Himalayas since 2005 . I have a government license as a trekking guide, it's my job to guide tourists through the fantastic mountain ranges of Nepal.
After working as a porter for a year I had the opportunity to work as an assistant guide. Then after some years of experience in this sector, I began to work as a real guide. I have completed the trekking guide training from NATHM (Nepal Academy of Tourism and Hotel Management), which eventually helped me to become a permanent & licensed trekking guide of Nepal. I've also completed my Bachelor of Business Studies.
I've already led many treks all over Nepal, including Everest & Langtang Region, as well as Annapurna Range. I have good knowledge of the national history of Nepal, the local flora and fauna, the culture and traditions of numerous ethnic groups of Nepal & Tibet and of interesting environmental issues of the areas that are popular for trekking. I was associated with world Heritage Trek for 2 years and Corsa Nepal Adventure for 3 years as a trekking guide. After that I worked as a tour manager in the same company for another two years.
Nepal is famous for very different kinds of adventures. Nonetheless around 80% of the tourists visiting Nepal are coming for trekking. Basically there are two types of organized trekking, the Tea House Trek and the Camping/Tented Trek. In the Tea House Trek you'll accommodate in local tea & guest houses on the trekking route. A warm meal and a cosy bed awaits you. People from these local lodges are very friendly and often a little curious and chatty. Unlike in the Tea House Trek, in the camping trek you'll accommodate in tents and the foods will be cooked and served by a Kitchen team.
  I hope I was able to give a small insight into the fantastic world of trekking in the Himalayas! I would be happy to hear from you and to answer all your questions!


Bikram Thapa
Nepal freelance Trekking Guide in Nepal-Himalayas (Since 2005)
Email: bikapa@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment